Does anyone else get that naughty childlike feeling after eating dessert for dinner? Because we sure do! We here at UKMums.TV love pancakes as much as Homer Simpson loves his doughnuts – and that’s A LOT!
With Pancake Day fast approaching, here’s a peanutty-tastic recipe from our American friends at SKIPPY® Peanut Butter. Mmm… Pancakes!
- 200g wholewheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 400ml almond milk
- 65g SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40g chocolate chips
- Chocolate chips to garnish
- Mix the dry ingredients (i.e. flour, baking powder and salt) together in a large bowl until combined.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the egg and the next four ingredients, until combined.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture, stirring gently until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle pan to a medium heat.
- Add a ladle-full of batter to pan.
- Cook the pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Peanut Butter-Maple Syrup*
- Garnish with chocolate chips, if desired.
*For Peanut Butter-Maple Syrup: Place 230ml maple syrup and four tablespoons of peanut butter in a microwavable bowl. Heat in the microwave on high for 20 seconds until dissolved.
What will you be topping your pancakes with this Shrove Tuesday? Let us know by commenting down below!