Ahhhh bedtime… That dreaded time of the day! But fear not mums and dads, we have pulled together some top tips to help you get into a good bedtime routine for you and for your kids!
Now, we know that each bedtime is different, and these are just tips, but we’d love to know any others that you swear by at bedtime! Let us know on Twitter by using the @UKMumstv handle and the hashtag #BedTimeCracked.
- One of the most important things to maintain is the routine itself. Keep doing the same thing every night so they learn to associate particular activities with bedtime. Even if you’re not at home…hard we know… but it’ll be beneficial in the long run!
- Start the evening off with a nice warm soak in the tub. This is a soothing experience and getting your little one clean and dry is a great way to ease them into bedtime.
- Reading stories is a lovely way to keep calm before bedtime. Cuddle up for some cosy time and add a bit of theatre to your reading with silly voices! Plus, it’ll help with learning new words and encourage reading for when they’re older.
- If you can string a tune together…lullabies are a great alternative! Sleepover Peppa features a soothing lullaby and soft night light to help any little ones drift off if your voice isn’t up to the task.
- Turn the lights off, say goodnight and give them a kiss. Keep it short and sweet. If your child is scared of the dark, you could use a nightlight. The key thing in whatever you do is to try and maintain consistency.
Help get your little piggies to bed with a lullaby from Peppa Pig My First Album. Available to stream now on Spotify and Apple Music.
You can also collect the Peppa Bedtime Family Figure Pack exclusively at Argos! Find out more here.