Looking for something to warm your cockles on a cool autumnal night? Then you’ll want to give one of these easy, hearty and family-friendly recipes from The Scotch Kitchen a go! Why not get the whole family involved and ask the kids to help you with the measuring and prep?
Specially Selected Pork & Apple Casserole
Prep – 10 – 15 minutes
Cooking – 1 hour 10 mins
- 400g Specially Selected Pork shoulder, diced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, topped and tailed and diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 300mls hot vegetable stock/pork stock (made using low salt baby stock cubes, or homemade)
- 1 Bramley apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160/gas mark 4. Toss the pork in the flour. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the meat until lightly browned, in batches if your pan is crowded.
- Transfer to a casserole dish (with a fitted lid). Fry the onion, carrots and celery in the pan for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add to the casserole dish along with the rest of the ingredients. Oven bake for 1 hour with the lid on until the pork is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- If you’re weaning with puree, simply blitz the casserole in a food processor with the blade attachment or use a stick blender. Portion into ice cube trays, freeze and then once frozen transfer into freezer bags.
Let us know by commenting down below if you give any of these recipes a go and be sure to share your pictures with us over on social media!