With the colder months on the way, Ellie from Ellie’s Kitchen has shared her Vegan Chilli and Coconut Curry (Capsicana style) recipe with us that is sure to tantalise your taste buds and warm you up in no time!
Fancy cooking up a #capsicarnival in your kitchen? Well this recipe is as easy as it comes but doesn’t skip on flavour! It’s great for an evening meal or reheated for a leftover lunch and what’s more it’s VEGAN!
This recipe is made easy with a little help from Capsicana Cook Sauces. A little bit of a cheat but that’s okay… we’re all busy people!
Ingredients – serves two
• 1 sachet of Capsicana Chilli and Coconut Cooks Sauce
• 1 tsp grated ginger
• 1 Sweet potato – chopped into 1 inch cubes
• ½ onion – diced
• 2/3 can chickpeas – drained and rinsed
• ½ can coconut milk
• 8 cherry tomatoes – halved
• Handful of spinach
• Fresh coriander and sliced chili to serve
1. Start by sweating off your diced onion until it’s soft.
2. Add in the cubed sweet potato, ginger, tomatoes and Capsicana sauce and cook on a low heat for around 15 minutes until the sweet potato begins to soften.
Tip: you may wish to add a little water at this stage to introduce a bit of steam and stop the sauce sticking to the pan.
3. Once the sweet potato is reasonably soft add the coconut milk and chickpeas and continue to simmer until the sauce has thickened and the potato is fully soft. (About 15-20mins)
4. Add the spinach and let it wilt completely.
Tip: Taste your curry. You may wish to add a little fresh chili for an extra kick or a squeeze of lime to brighten the dish up!
It is honestly as that simple! The Capsicana sauce adds SO much flavour in so little time and is full of honest ingredients and not rubbish! It might be a cheat but it’s the perfect way to cook up a storm in no time! You can shop Capsicana’s range of sauces in Sainsburys or Waitrose.