Now, more than even its important to think about wellness. Be it enjoying quality food, taking time to do something you love or making an effort to look after your mind and body.
For many, baking is a sure-fire way to relax their mind and make me feel good. And while we are all trying to eat a littler healthier after the holidays, there’s always time for treats, especially when you can enjoy some time making them before enjoying eating them!
Ellie has used quality ingredients to bake these easy Salted Caramel Cookie Bars. Star of the show is the Salted Caramel Sauce from Waitrose which makes the cookies even more amazing. Here’s the recipe in case you want to try them yourself…
Ingredients (makes 9 – 12 bars)
• 230 g butter
• 200g caster sugar
• 220g light brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 360g plain flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 350g chopped chocolate. Ellie used half Waitrose No.1 60% milk and half Waitrose No.1 80% Dark Chocolate
• Waitrose No.1 Salted Caramel Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease.
3. Cream together the butter and sugars
4. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
5. Add dry ingredients and mix!
6. Add chopped chocolate and mix again
7. Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
8. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the edges are set, and the top is just barely browned.
9. Place baking pan on a wire cooling rack and let the bars cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes (preferably longer, they hold up better as they cool).
10. lift the cookie bars out of the pan, then cut into squares, drizzle heaps of Salted Caramel Sauce over and serve!
Enjoy baking! And if you’d like to see more recipes like this be sure to follow ElliesKitchenUK on Instagram.