This is a recipe from Ellie’s Kitchen UK that everyone can enjoy, and an impressive showstopper that is a lot easier to make than it looks!
- 2 packets of Oreos
- 2 tbsp of melted Stalk spread
- 400g dark chocolate
- 320ml coconut cream
- 2 punnets of raspberries (you can use raspberry jam if you prefer!)
- Start by making the Oreo crust… try to resist eating the biscuits!
- Smash the biscuits into a fine crumb.
- Add the melted butter to the crumb and press the mix into the bottom and up the sides of a fluted tart tin and pop into the fridge to ‘set’.
Tip: Really press the base down, nice and firm so it holds when you remove the tin to serve! You can use the bottom of a glass to do this.
- While your crust is in the fridge make the vegan chocolate mixture.
- Melt the chocolate in your usual, preferred way. Ellie uses a Bain-marie, however a lot of people find the microwave easier. Just don’t burn it!
- Once the chocolate is melted pour in the coconut cream and stir, briskly to combine it.
- Leave to cool a little.
- Now it’s time to create your tart!
- Take the crust out of the fridge and smush (technical term) the raspberries onto the bottom. (If you’re using Jam just spread a generous layer on)
TIP: leave a few raspberries for garnish at the end!
- Pour the ganache filling over the raspberries and fill right to the top!
- Leave in the fridge overnight to set – If you just can’t wait, a minimum of 5 hours will do the trick.
- Garnish is super important here as it can turn the simple tart into a Bake Off worthy showstopper.
- Ellie used halved raspberries, vegan chocolate shavings and some little raspberry, chocolate balls from Green & Blacks. But you can garnish with other chocolates, berries or anything you like really, just so long as the flavours work!
If you give this simple, no-bake tart a go, don’t forget to tag @ellieskitchenuk in your images and check out the Ellie’s Kitchen UK website for more great vegan recipes!