As there is a high demand for tasty vegan recipes, Ellie from Ellie’s Kitchen has challenged herself to come up a number of moreish and vegan-friendly recipes, and this is one of her successes. Contrary to what you might think, it’s actually really easy to whip up a delicious vegan treat! So go on, give this recipe a go – you’ll be surprised at how easy it is and how good it tastes!
Ingredients – makes about 20:
- 225g Flora Freedom Coconut and Almond Spread
- 100g caster sugar
- 350g plain flour – plus extra for dusting
- Around 150g dark chocolate (most dark chocolate is vegan but not all carry a vegan trademark).
- Desiccated coconut to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cream the Flora spread together with the sugar.
- Sieve in the flour and combine into the wet mix to make a paste, and then finally a ball of dough. You may need to get your hands in to finish it off!
- Flour a cool surface and rolling pin, then roll out the dough to around ½ cm thick – or thicker if you like! Then cut the dough into whatever shape you like using cookie cutters, or just go freehand!
- Arrange the cut outs on a baking tray that has been lined with grease proof paper.
- Bake the biscuits until lightly golden brown. This will take between 12-18 minutes depending on how thin you made them. Just keep an eye out!
- Set the biscuits aside on a wire rack to cool off fully.
- When the biscuits are cool, melt down your chocolate in the microwave (cheat alert!)
- It’s time to dip!
- Sprinkle over some desiccated coconut onto the melted chocolate.
- Leave to cool completely, preferably overnight.
Tip: Don’t put them in the fridge to cool, as this will cause the chocolate to become dull and lose its shine.
Click here for more recipes from Ellie’s Kitchen.