Make the most of British Strawberry Season with this STUNNING Eton Mess Semifreddo recipe from Shaken Udder.
Time: 45 mins + chilling time
175ml Shaken Udder Strawberries & Clotted Cream milkshake
225ml thick double cream
125ml crème fraîche
280g strawberries, leaves removed and cut into halves
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 meringue nests, crushed
For the strawberry sauce:
12 strawberries, leaves removed
3 tsp icing sugar
1 meringue nest, crushed
- Line the bottom of a 22cm x 12cm loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the Shaken Udder Strawberries & Clotted Cream milkshake and thick double cream into a large bowl and whisk with a stand mixer, or an electric whisk, on a high speed for 7-10 minutes until the mixture is thick and airy.
- Fold in the crème fraîche, sugar, strawberry halves, and crushed meringue, then transfer into the loaf tin. Cover with clingfilm and place in the freezer overnight.
- To make the strawberry sauce, place the strawberries into a food processor and blitz to a smooth purée. Add the icing sugar and pulse again. Alternatively, this can be done with a stick blender. Pass the strawberry purée through a sieve then place to one side.
- When you’re ready to serve, take the semifreddo out of the freezer and run a knife around the edge of the tin. Turn out onto your serving plate, remove the greaseproof paper, and top with the crushed meringue, sliced strawberries and strawberry sauce.
Comment down below if you give this recipe a go and be sure to share your pictures with us over on Facebook and Twitter @UKMumstv.