Main image by Comfreak on Pixabay.
If you spend far too much time watching home makeover shows and not enough time on your own house, you need to check out our inspirational DIY projects for the home that anyone can do. We promise you’ll love the easy, inspirational projects we’ve found online that won’t break the bank and will give your home an instant, stylish new look. You don’t even need to worry about using scary power tools or doing time-consuming prep work – some of these projects even double up as a fun craft activity for the kids! Don’t forget to share your before and after photos with us on social media and let us know your brilliant DIY project ideas, too @UKMums.TV
Let’s get cracking!
- Washi tape works – There really isn’t an end to the wonders of washi tape. Geometric patterns have been around a while now, but why not try updating an old shelf with this neat trick using washi tape. Or try a new take on the ‘gallery wall’.
- Create a reading corner for the kids – Tempt your kids to read more by creating an inviting, imaginative reading space that is just for them. You might not even need to buy anything, just rearrange the furniture, cushions and shelves you already have, add their favourite books and some twinkly lights and ta-daah! Quiet time becomes so much more appealing.
- Subtle bedroom furniture update – This is a really sneaky way to add a splash of pattern or colour to your room without having to change the whole theme. Just get some sticky vinyl (there are so many designs available online – try Etsy or eBay) or even wallpaper samples from your local DIY centre and simply cover the inside edges of your chest of drawers.
- Turn your basket storage into shelves – If like us you have more storage baskets and boxes than floor space to display them (!) this ingenious idea will make the most of the storage in a totally new and interesting way!
- Easy DIY outdoor lanterns
Don’t forget your outdoor space – with summer getting ever closer it’s the perfect time to spruce up the garden or decking area, and the kids can even help you make these rustic DIY garden lights.
- Amazing indoor plant display – Indoor plants are still a massive trend for 2019 so why not find a new and fresh way to display them with this clever idea using a trellis and hanging pots?