Looking for new breakfast ideas for your little chick this National Weaning Week? Get their day off to the best start with this simple scrambled showstopper that requires minimal ingredients, courtesy of eggrecipes.co.uk!
Suitable for: 7+ months
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- Small knob of butter
- 2 British Lion eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 slices of cucumber, cut in half
- ½ red pepper, deseeded – use to cut out the crown, beak and feet
- 1 Olive, 2 thin slices
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl. Add the butter and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove and stir, then cook for a further 20 seconds.
- Remove and scramble the lightly cooked eggs with a fork.
- Spoon onto a plate to make the body of the chick.
- Add the sliced cucumber for the eyes, wings and grass
- Add the olive eyeballs and red pepper shapes for the crown, beak and feet. Serve.
British Lion eggs are approved by the Food Standards Agency to be served runny to pregnant women, babies, young children and elderly people.
Comment down below if you give this recipe a go and be sure to share your pictures with us over on Facebook and Twitter @UKMumstv.