National Weaning Week is here and if you’re looking to make meal times extra special for your little one then these colourful and fun Omelette Pinwheels will do just the job!
Suitable for: 10+ months
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 heaped tbsp cream cheese
- 75g broccoli florets
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 50g grated Cheddar cheese
9 paper straws, cut in half (to make 18)
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a jug.
- Heat the oil in an omelette pan measuring about 20-23cm wide.
- Pour in 1/3 of the eggs. Swirl around the pan to make an even layer.
- Cook for 2 minutes until set underneath. Flip over and cook for one minute on the other side. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat to make two more then leave to cool.
- Steam the broccoli for 6 minutes until just cooked. Cool, then finely chop.
- Put the omelettes flat on a board and spread the cream cheese over the omelettes. Top with the chopped broccoli, tomatoes and Cheddar cheese.
- Roll-up to make a log shape and then slice each log into 5 to 6 pieces to make snail-like pinwheels.
- To serve, push each pinwheel onto a straw – kids eat with their eyes and will love this.
British Lion eggs are approved by the Food Standards Agency to be served runny to pregnant women, babies, young children and elderly people.
Comment down below if you give this recipe a go and be sure to share your pictures with us over on Facebook and Twitter @UKMumstv.