It might not feel like it right at this moment but picnic season is on the way! We love a good picnic here at UKMums.tv, be it a day date or a family outing picnics never grow old, but what can grow old are the regular cheese and pickle sarnies and cocktail sausages that we often pack up.
Who says picnic foods have to be boring? We’ve been trying out a host of fun and exciting picnic options so that we can give you a top guide of what to take on your next outing!
1. Posh picnics – Noble House Prepared provide luxury picnic hampers that are the ultimate must for a date day outing! These aren’t cheap but the food is incredible and for an extra special occasion we couldn’t recement more. 10/10 for everything we tried but a special 15/10 for the focaccia! Items are sold on their own or in hampers from £6.50
2. Sweet Treats – For perfect little (vegan friendly) sweet bites then Oggs has a great range on mini treats that are great for on the go. Out top pick were the Millionaires bits! Available from supermarkets nationwide
3. Cream Tea please – Trewithen Dairy in Cornwall sent us one of their Cream Team hamper to try and we weren’t disappointed! Scones, jam and cream as perfect for taking along on picnics and there ready put together sets make life super easy! Not to mention the cream is some of the best we have had! From £22
4. Clucking great – For a high protein alternative to the usually cocktail sausages or pork pies LEON have a range of marinated chargrilled chicken thighs that are PERFECT for picnics! RRP £2.70 a pack from Sainsburys
5. Perfect pasties – Chunk of Devon make award winning Devon pies and pasties that the whole family will love! They even make vegan options which get our stamp of approval along with the meaty flavours we tried. Selection boxes available from £28
7. Support small – If like us you like supporting smaller brands AND trying new things then the Mighty Small Perfect Picnic box is a great choice for you! Packed with sharing bags of crisps, sweets, drinks and other goodies from British start-up brands there is loads to discover! RRP £32
8. Our favourite drinks – We were lucky to try lots of different drinks (both soft and alcoholic options) which all come in handy take along cans for while you’re out and about. Some of our favourites included Longshot Grapefruit Hard Seltzer , Caleno non-alcoholic Light and Zesty cans, SOHO Juice Co drinks, CleanCo Clean&Tonic
What are your picnic must haves? Let us know in the comments or on social media!
NB: We were sent some of these items for the purpose of the feature, but all thoughts and words are our own