Who doesn’t love Pancakes? well we we at UKMUMS.TV do! So we thought we would let you have some last minute ideas for the big day this week!
Here’s a simple pancake recipe from Little Cooks Co for the kids to cook (with a little help from mum or dad, of course) that will add a little love to the mix this year, especially as we could all do with a bit of a hug right now!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Allergens: Egg, dairy (optional)
Skills: Cracking an egg, using a blender, flipping a pancake
Ingredients you’ll need:
200g strawberries (100g for the batter and 100g for decorating)
100ml milk (1/2 cup)
100g oats (1 cup)
1 egg (or 1 tbsp of chia seeds or flax seeds)
Greek yogurt to serve (or dairy free alternative)
Chopping board and knife
Non-stick frying pan
- Measure out 100g of strawberries
- Add them to your blender jug with the milk, oats, banana and egg
- Whizz until smooth
- Heat your frying pan on a medium heat – if it isn’t a non-stick pan then add a little coconut oil or butter to prevent sticking
- Pour 3 small circles of your batter into the frying pan as shown in the picture
- Flip after 3-4 minutes using a spatula – if they are still sticky and difficult to flip then let them cook for another minute
- When they are golden on each side pop your cooked pancakes on a plate to cool and repeat step 5 and 6 with the remaining mixture
- Now cut up the remaining strawberries into heart shapes (or any shape you like!) – you can use cutters or a blunt knife for this
- Plate up your pancakes and decorate them with your heart strawberries!
- Serve with Greek yogurt (or dairy free alternative). These pancakes can also be stored in the fridge for a couple of days – they make great fingerfood!
Comment down below if you give this recipe a go and be sure to share your pictures with us over on Facebook and Twitter @UKMumstv.