Try our list of simple ideas to get the whole family into the Christmas spirit. These fun tips will help to create some festive fun at home!
- DIY ‘snow’ fight – Prepare in advance by getting a load of bean bag refills and a mini ball pit and then let the kids go wild having a pretend snow fight.
- Countdown clock – Use a wooden toy counting clock or a homemade version and get the family to take it in turns counting down to Christmas Day – at each hour you could even add a little game, joke or treat to add to the surprise!
- Look the part – Why not surprise the whole family with matching Christmas jumpers or novelty accessories you can all wear together to really get into the Christmas spirit? The photos alone will provide all the merriment you need!
- Cosy up with the kids – Why not snuggle up on the sofa with a hot chocolate and watch some Peppa Pig Christmas episodes!
- Surprise bedtime stories – Just before tucking them into bed, share a hot chocolate (with surprise toppings?!) and read a Christmassy story together (you can borrow one from the library and keep it secret for the occasion).
- Trifle with tradition – If you normally get the kids to put out a mince pie and sherry for Santa and carrots for the reindeer, why not get them to think up a surprise alternative this year? The whackier the better! What about light up antlers for the reindeer and a Christmassy smoothie for Santa? Make it fun and the kids will never forget the year they re-invented this Christmas tradition.
- Log on to the Google Santa Tracker and get the kids all excited about really seeing where Santa is at that moment in time!
We hope you like our Christmas Eve surprises – let us know if you join in or share your pre-Christmas traditions with us too!
Don’t forget we still have a few Peppa’s Secret Surprises up for grabs in our takeover competition – enter now before the festive fun takes over!