Main image as seen on Flickr.
Some people love Halloween sweets. Others love the DIY costumes. Us? Well, we’re all about the witch’s brew. Pick your poison this Halloween with one of these scary-delicious cocktails or non-alcoholic drinks.
Vampire’s Weakness (via Cosmopolitan)
- Add 1¼ parts Irish Whiskey, 1 part Campari, and 1 part sweet vermouth to a mixing glass and fill with ice.
- Stir to chill and dilute cocktail.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with one bloodied eyeball! (Lychee)
Black Magic Margaritas (via Delish)
- Rim two glasses with a lime slice and dip in the black sanding sugar.
- Divide 120ml tequila, 60ml triple sec, and juice from half a lime between two glasses and stir to combine.
- Add food colouring until desired black colour is achieved.
- Add ice and garnish with a slice of lime. Serve.
Professor’s Poisoned Apple (via Gastronom)
- Combine all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker – 50ml Amaretto, 20ml Scotch, 30ml cranberry juice, 50ml apple cider and 10 drops of Peychaud’s bitters.
- Shake to combine. Strain into a glass (or laboratory beakers).
Moonrise Mocktail (via Tesco Real Food)
- Mix 150ml of orange juice with a few drops of green liquid food colouring. Pour into a highball glass filled with ice. Pour 2 tbsp of grenadine down the side of the glass so it sinks to the base.
- Unroll a liquorice wheel, trim and cut the end into a point so it resembles a snake’s head. Use to decorate the glass, along with the jelly snakes and the laces.
Feeling inspired to create a spooky cocktail of your own? Share your recipes and pictures over on our social media pages!