[AD] Smoby has successfully established itself as the designer and manufacturer of innovative and consumer toys both in the playground and role play.
Here at UKMums.TV, we love to know why us mums like products and recommend them to our friends and family. Smoby are also keen to know what drives sales and what their consumers and their children love so much about this role play brand.
Here we delve into some of their findings!
During a 20-minute survey of 600 UK parents of children aged between 1 – 6, mums and dads were asked a variety of questions about Smoby’s playhouses, kitchens and smaller supermarket playsets.
The Smoby Playground range of playhouses performed particularly well with 9 out of 10 parents finding the product appealing and also recognising the brand over its competitors.
Speaking of the Nature Playhouse (SRP £149.99) respondents found it to be unique versus a similarly priced product. Mums and Dads stated;
- “It would keep my daughters entertained for hours and encourages her to use her imagination”
- “My child would absolutely love it, they’re so imaginative and would be able to be occupied all day”
- “I can see that this product is a very good quality and it would be great entertainment”
When parents looked at the Supermarket range which included the Smoby Supermarket and other brands in the sector, 8 out of 10 parents found the Smoby Supermarket appealing and different than other items shown.
Imagination, education and interaction were the key drivers for buying a Smoby role play product; with parents commenting;
- “He loves to role play, he would be good to push the trolley and be a shop keeper”
- “This would help to develop my child’s motor skills”
- “I’m keen for her to understand the value of money so it does have an educations component as well”
A spokesperson for Smoby commented: “We were delighted with the results received from our survey and the conclusion was that the Smoby brand performed really well and offered some great insight into parents purchasing decisions as well as likes and dislikes, which will help in our future development of the brand.”
We’d love to know your thoughts on the Smoby range and if you think it would be a hit with your kids! Comment on social media or send us an email with your thoughts!