Pregnancy is stressful enough but anxiety among pregnant Mums is at all-time high right now as new research from Milton highlights. The sterilising experts at Milton conducted a survey with women in their last trimester of pregnancy* where 82.6% of respondents stated that their birth plan had changed to due Covid-19 and that 83% are concerned about the risks of contracting the virus whilst at hospital.
Reported changes to birthing plans are as follows:
- 71.9% cited their family support/birthing partner had changed
- 67.4% said access to antenatal classes had changed
- 36.5% said their access to midwives and doctors had changed
- 17.8% reported that the type of planned birth had changed
- 11.6 % cited the location had changed
- 5.6% said their medication/pain relief plans had changed
Cleaning was also high on the agenda with all respondents reporting that they have been cleaning their home (77%), shopping bags (64%), food packaging (62%), fruit and vegetables (60%) and toys (49%) more than they normally would.
Milton has been trusted by hospitals for over 70 years and is the go-to brand for sterilising baby products. That’s why we’re giving two lucky readers the chance to win a Milton Starter Sterilising Kit worth £75.
- 1 x Milton Combi Steriliser
- 1 x Milton Solo Travel Steriliser
- 1 x Milton Antibacterial Surface Wipes
- 1 x Milton Antibacterial Surface Spray
- 1 x Milton Antibacterial Hand Gel
- 1 x Milton Mini Portable Soother Steriliser
- 1 x Milton Baby Bottle Cleaner
- 1 x Sterilising Tablets x 28
- 1 x Mini Sterilising Tablets
- 1 x Milton Sterilising Fluid
Have you had to make any changes to your birthing plan? If so, let us know by commenting down below or over on social media @UKMumstv.
To enter, simply answer the question below and leave your details before the closing date of Monday 17th August at 3pm.
Can’t wait to see if you’ve won or not chosen as a lucky winner? Milton products are available nationwide and can be found in Boots, Sainsbury’s Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Ocado, Waitrose and Amazon.
*602 women answered the survey.