With the Platinum jubilee planning in full swing, we’ve given you ideas for a right royal knees up; plus a little round up of suggestions of food fit for a queen. So to round things off nicely, we’re offering up the perfect recipe to make your Jubilee celebrations go with a bang! Bathtub Gin Jubilee Fizz!
Apparently Her Majesty the Queen is partial to a Dubonnet cocktail (which was The Queen Mother’s favourite tipple). And rumour has it, our beloved monarch is also a fan of gin — and sparkling wine.
So we’ve upped the ante to bring a gorgeous combination of the two!
And not only that, it also includes Her Majesty’s favourite marmalade.
Bathtub Gin Jubilee Fizz
- 50 ml Bathtub Gin
- 1 tsp Wilkin & Sons Orange Marmalade
- 30 ml fresh orange juice
- A little English sparkling wine
- A slice of orange or a sprig of Rosemary to garnish
- Add all the ingredients except the English sparkling wine to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well to combine.
- Pour through a cocktail strainer into a martini glass and top with English sparkling wine.
So you’ve got the Gin Jubilee Fizz cocktail of dreams… but what on earth do you serve it in?
Well, look no further. There are some gorgeous cocktail glasses available to buy at the moment. Perfect for the jubilee – and beyond.
We love these beautiful Champagne coupes from Rowen and Wren.
And these three beautiful designs will also bring a little bit of glamour to the table.
These glasses are sure to elevate your Jubilee party to something really special.
Crack open the gin, hang out the bunting and toast The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in style!